I'm not crazy photo: I'm not Crazy... s.gif

Saturday, January 2, 2016

End of 2015/ Beginning 2016

I am so happy that 2015 ended in a happy note. My brother came back from Deployment which meant we were all complete. It had been long months since we had all been able to hang out together and right before he left was when we were all spring with the fact that my dad had a girlfriend. I think my bro wasn't happy about it because he didn't tell my dad the day he left which broke my heart but I couldn't do anything about it. That was something they needed to work on themselves. But, We're all still working on this issue. I want him (my Dad) to be happy but I can't see her yet. It makes me sad (well part of me), I miss him so much and I feel like less of a family since my mom passed away but the bond between my sibblings and I has gotten stronger and stronger. We have become each other's coping mechanism through it all. We all talk about everything and anything we have to. My mom's passing is still hard on us even though it will be 2 years on May 29th, 2016 but I swear it just happened last month. It hurts not being able to call or see her. Hey passing definitely impacted the family a lot. We lost touch with a lot of the family but then again ( I tried, not enough) they didn't try reaching out either. 

This Thanksgiving 2015 was the first time all my mom's sisters got together and invited us over. It was nice and a bit awkward at first. I can honestly say I was happy to finally be able to see everybody in one room. Seeing as I would invite them for stuff and no one would show. It's hard when you try and no one reciprocates and you have to be the one that gives in. 

In early December, we also had a nice get together with my dad's family. (Finally!) It was also the first time in forever since this had happened. My uncle from MN with his wife were in town so they wanted us to go. It was nice seeing part of the family. This side is so big it will be impossible to ever have us in the same place all at once... Part of us are in Mexico... maybe a good 3rd, about half in Ca and the rest in MN. Mainly it's nice to see my uncles, it's so hard to see them come out, they're like vampires.... only in the nighttime, when not too many people are around, and only if they feel comfortable. This goes for my dad as well. I don't know how he does it though since he plays for a music group. I hear they're doing great. I don't know. 

Christmas, we went to my sister's parent in-laws since that is where she lives... we stayed from the 25th-27th and hung out as much as possible, bonded, played Loteria...we won and lost time. It was much needed adult time while the kids played with their new toys. This is when we saw my brother for the first time. He seems happy. I am sure being on land is better than being stuck in a ship for months... I don't know how he did it but thank God he is back. We all missed his sarcastic nonsense.  

On the 27th, We had Dinner with Ms. Lisa Fevola, Karen Gallimore and Forest Blackwelder... High school teachers... I can't believe I have gotten the opportunity to see them after this long time. Lisa insisted I call her by her first name since we're all adults. Karen and Lisa were our Mock Trial advisers in high school and they definitely had a role and impact in our lives. These ladies are amazing woman, admirable. I hope to one day be like them. 

On that note, we ended 2015, on a fine note. Full of happiness and surprises to go around. I am hoping that 2016 will bring more tears of joy. And if everything goes well I hope that we can start building a small family of our own. In like 5 days I will turn 32 and my clock is ticking, a dream told me so... I don't know if it's true but I do recall my mom having my brothers at 30 and after that I don't recall much. I hope there's time but I want to be safe... 

Anything Dec. 31st Danny, Johnson and I brought in the New Year. I made Tamales and Johnson made cupcakes and we all frosted them. We drank wine and Danny drank Cider. I can only wish for this next year to bring light and joy to our lives. I have a feeling it will be a great year. 

Now to get ready for this year at work. I am happy New Year's Day I got to sleep in, make sopita de estrellitas, take a nap and end the night with Pizza and watching Pixels as as small family. In abut 20 days I fly out to Atlanta for a trade show then New Orleans right after. I am exhausted already but we can do this. I am ready! 

2016 please be good to us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment