I'm not crazy photo: I'm not Crazy... s.gif

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

black widows

A few days ago I wrote about how spiders made me feel. It was one of the worst, paralyzing, helpless feelings I had ever felt. My heart was racing, it was a form of anxiety and I hadn't felt anything close to that since college when the ex would deliberately drive me to anxiety attacks... anyways after going outside in the night and opening my eyes to the nocturnal life of spiders and particularly black widows: females and males.

My parents have this spray they use for some plants so that bugs don't eat them. My dad told me that would work. I applied some the night after I came to face with them. Some died which made me feel better... And other I felt ok, the next day... in our mail box there was a huge black bellied black widow... Can you imagine what I felt? First time I killed a spider/bug and I used a stick. The whole time I probably looked like a crazy person.

I spoke to my dad a few days ago. I think it was Saturday. I told him I don't want to go outside at night because the spiders have shown up. See my dad when I was young use to work for a pest control company so he has dealt with bugs his whole life and not only that  but since he does a lot of construction and remodeling he deals with it all. But, since we've been lucky to have him who of us wants to really see what he sees. I guess we kind of take that for granted since he would after hours go outside with a bright flashlight and kill all the spiders. So my dad told me to use the red spray and I told him I had then he proceeded to say that he also had another one.

Sunday night, it was time to  face my nightmare. My boyfriend and I went outside and both with our phone flashlights we went found found ever single little one. Now I see why my dad waits until  night, not only are they night spiders but with the shadow any little light towards them can show a huge spider therefore by making them a lot more visible. I don't know how many we spray but it was in 30-40s or more I didn't count. There were so many little tiny ones, it was insane. We don't want them. It felt good killing them. I felt powerful. I mean I did have the poison. Must better than the feeling I had last time but I do admit I can't have a spiderweb touch me. I just can't. They're so sticky and I would get all edgy.

The spiders are dead and I'm happy! It's just peachy keen.

 Female Black widow

Male Black widow
this one tend to be much smaller but since these were the best pic so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment