I'm not crazy photo: I'm not Crazy... s.gif

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

New Day 2/1

Today I wake up at home on a friday and nowhere to go ...

My reality until yesterday was work, work, work.... I worked from home extra hours, I travelled to shows and worked extra hours and even my daily routine was  all work and no play because I always wanted to make sure everything was done and everything was good.

Everything changed yesterday evening, I guess the company is downsizing or something so they let me go. I was still in the middle of invoicing customers.  I just got back from a show and there was one more in march.  Right now what needed to done is making a list of what we needed to order from the new items we sold and ship out all the asap orders. Right now there's a lot of work, on my end. I felt weird not being able to finish what I began. I always made sure on my end everything was done right and always went the extra mile to make my customers happy.

In fact, I was their only contact. I spoke to one yesterday who ended up not being able to make it to the show and she told me that she was going to go and treat me to lunch. I created bonds with them because great customer service is what keeps them coming back. I suppose it's part of who I am. I am a people pleaser in a sense but because it's in their interest. I was always looking out for the company so I made our credit card authorizations, and our vendor application, and our price list, and some new policies to help us not be stuck for non payment. I mean, it was my job, to have the best interest and now I feel weird ... I have so much work to do and I can't do it. Is this weird that I want to finish, and I worry that someone who has never done this will do it wrong and that they'll lose money... I always went the extra mile, but will they??  I guess I shouldn't worry anymore but I do.

I was there since the beginning for 5 years... I did learn a lot. I had to self teach myself because we were all inexperienced and the owners were new to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment