I'm not crazy photo: I'm not Crazy... s.gif

Friday, February 25, 2011

My friend

My friend, can we say that our friendship did not start off to a good start? Well actually we weren't even friends when we met. Or you can't even say we had really met because i didn't know much of her but she knew who I was and let's just say that she didn't like me very well.

Since I was little I was uber shy and well I never said much or did much because I was self restricted. Anyways, but my eyes lingered everywhere lol what else can I do if I felt I couldn't talk... well obviously see.

So this girl pretty much hated. Didn't care who I was, what I did... I had apparently looked at her in a bad manner... hhahaha I didn't even know who she was... The dislike or the uncertainty of my mystery was more than enough to  motivate her to well start being a "distant" bully which mean to make my life miserable but I was unaware of who was controlling it... Kid games you know.

It was hard enough for me to interact with people but the only way I did but playing games... Dodgeball, teatherball, handball... and I can honestly day i was the best of the best girl there... (not to be cocky, lol) but recently found some elementary friends and they mentioned back to '94-'96 when we were in 4th & 5th grade and she talked about it... made me blush because she remember and confirmed ... lol anyways...

So ok, I guess this friend who I was firstly talking about started spreading some rumors about me... Never quite knew what she said, who she said it to but it felt like they followed more unto middle school than anything else. 6th grade was a horrible year for me but luckily I still had a few friends from 5th grade there but with having to change my schedule around because I was suppose to be in music, I lost touch with so many people and I was alone. I didn't know many except a cousin in 8th grade but she was a lil popular and I didn't feel like I fit into her world so I left her alone. I just kept getting the sensation that people were starring at me... idk  Especilly from the kid I had had the biggest crush on... we were semi good friends and then stopped talking to me I guess it happens when you are cute and you get  popular with the in crowd. So I lost this person for a while who I had no idea supposedly put turmoil in my life. Continued life the boy I had liked asked me to play in his basketball team ( for a tournament during lunch)  which I joined but was canceled due to fights...

Seventh grade came along... i joined another basketball team bc they needed a girl and I was randomly passing. Man did I enjoy playing and lil did they know I knew how to play... I was good at blocking and 3-point shots... I loved the game...then once I saw them talking to my crush and I don't know they started acting weird... could have been my imagination but for the championships they had another girl...so I technically was replaced.

 I would just hang out by the basketball courts in morning when I would get to school and then during lunch time to watch all the boys play... i loved watching specially if I was able to spot him. Well, I was standing around and a lunch aide was around... and we were all standing there (Her name was Ruth) There was a girl with her, they just talked and gossiped and stuff... so Ruth asks me do you know her and I said "No" even though I did, I knew who she was a lil and well she knew me...so Ruth says" this is Dulce." I said "it's nice to meet you" and continued watching the basketball courts. Something happened that lunch because we had had something in common where we laughed, pissed off Ruth and started talking. It's like we clicked and after that we were always together. We would walk to school, hang out by the courts(morning and lunch) and walk home together. We would be endlessly talking. there was always something to talk about, always. She helped me through my minor depressive mode in middle. And the tragedy struck when I had to move. We lost touch for a lil while. I moved away in 1998.And it's 2011 and I am fortunate she is still what I can consider a best friend. Distance keeps us apart and I know I don't talk much about her but she is what she is in my life. (oh and she admitted to things she would say about me, don't remember bc they're no longer important) I just got to spend a day with her on wednesday, I took my son and stopped at her house in San Gabriel because I didn't know her number. Surprised her to the max...So I asked her if she wanted to go to the park because I had promised my son. We took her 2 kids and my son and we were there all day... they enjoyed it.

There is a small problem though, a tiny one. Her boyfriend is jealous of me. I don't know why. I guess she has always talked about me and when I left and they were in high school I was MIA and he became her best friend which he then became the boyfriend. I am not there to take anything away from him I am just her friend and we can. But, it's always nice to talk to her...Give her my views on life now and they're a lil dif bc we liked changed shoes now. I was telling her how my all time crush had gotten in contact with me and she said go for him, you wanted him for so long and the truth was that I did and was going to just because the satisfaction of it but I don't want him anymore. Things change and he's still very cute, tall and hs something in common with all the guys i've been talking to hanging out with (tv/ production/writers- in those lines) but idk he's not in my total interest right now. And she finds it funny that now I can say no when he was like everything in a lil poor girls heart 15 years ago.. lol

So enough with the stories... yeah life of 2 friends still continues and we just don't loose touch. I set up a facebook for her on wednesday and now she can talk to more people. Technology is great when you use it. And I am going to teach  her not to be so secluded :)

No comments:

Post a Comment