I'm not crazy photo: I'm not Crazy... s.gif

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

In 5 years...

I have asked myself many times the dreaded question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Ewww... didn't it hurt to read it? Well it probably hurt more to write it. I really want to say something positive. Like, having a wonderful job (CEO of some company, haha I don't even believe that for a second myself), a wonderful wife, a couple kids, taking danny to his sport events while he's in middle school. I don't know...

Yea, that sound pretty boring but more than likely more plausible.

Then I start thinking of over 5 years ago. Maybe even before high school. I thought owning a music store and teaching lessons would be something that I would love but as I see the music and the arts diminish in society it just seems like such a farfetched dream. More like something to laugh about.

More realistically, 10 yrs ago I never saw myself as a single mom. I just dreamed, has illusions, nothing concrete. I guess then i figured that once I was finishing college everything would fix it self itself it didn't. Five years ago, I was truly hoping that by now I'd have a job.

It hasn't happened. I was hoping that by now I'd at least be closer to having part of my loans paid. I'd have a semi nice car and my son would be ok, with the things he needs. He has all basic necessities but as a parent something we want to give a little more. 

I pay that the next 5 years of my life are a lot more tolerable and happier than the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, it's been ok but sometimes we want more.

2 comments:

  1. That is a tough question, but I think it's another phrasing of "what are your goals for the next five years." I know that that is something I need to ask myself, as I have been quite aimless. In fact, someone did ask me to make a five year plan about four years ago, but I didn't, and I've been in a rut since.

    More significantly, I think looking back and seeing how things have turned out goes to show just how unexpected life is, and how little people know about what the future holds for them.

    You have already accomplished a lot. Best wishes for your next five years (and beyond)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See right now I don't feel I can set up goals because I feel restricted/ held back until I'm able to obtain a job. My first goal is to find a job and save money. Once that happens. Everything else can given to start rolling. I need to get my college degree. I completed school in 2007 and I want to physically see my college degree. I owe 14,000 not counting my other school loans. It seems so far away not having income.

      Plans are so hard to make because you just can't make them work the way you want. But, I suppose taking baby steps is the best way to starting towards any goal.

      Thank you for putting perspective. :)

      Delete